Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Story - Part 4

I am really struggling with how much detail to go into with the next couple years of my life. There were so many things that happened that I'd just rather not get into. I have worked so hard to forgive and forget the people and things that hurt me so much.

It was vicious.
There was so much animosity and anger.
Promises were made.
Promises were broken.
No one was happy.

This was when Michael was born. I wish I could tell happier tales of this time in my life, but I can't. What should've been the happiest time in my life was my darkest.

As the holidays were approaching, tensions were mounting.

I read somewhere that every Step-Mom has at least one outburst in her life as a Step-Mom.

Christmas Eve 2007 was my breaking point.

Dave, Michael, Maya, and I were on our way to drop Maya off for our Christmas exchange. We were running 5 minutes late because Michael was finishing a bottle before we loaded the car. Five minutes was a big deal back then.

As I drove into the gas station parking lot, I decided to park by the front door instead of the parking area by the mini-van that "they" were in. I figured this would buy us a few moments to hug Maya good-bye. I was wrong. Maya's Step-Dad stormed up to my car and told us that we had our time and our time was over. We couldn't give Maya a hug and say good-bye.

In my most regretted moment, I decided to step in front of him so that Maya would have to get through Dave and I before leaving. This was not the smartest thing I have ever done...to say the least. After I said good-bye to Maya I stormed back to the drivers seat and yelled at Dave to get into the car. Maya's Step-Dad really wanted to get into it with Dave. He kept egging Dave on, and for some reason Dave wouldn't get back in the car. Not that Dave was yelling or getting upset with Maya's Step-Dad, he just didn't understand what he was getting yelled at for. I took things into my own hands because I wanted to get the h-e-double hockey sticks out of there!

I started to drive away. Only a foot or two, but Dave got the point and got into the car.

Later that night I got a phone call from the police. I was being charged with 5th degree assault and disorderly conduct. Merry Christmas to me...

No comments: