Tuesday, August 23, 2011

tomorrow

Last night, Michael and I were laying in my bed talking. The conversation just kept going and going and going. Normally I don't like to allow too much stalling before bedtime, but last night was different. He was having a real conversation and I could tell he was just eating up the time with me. Alone time with me. One-on-one time with me. The last part of our conversation went like this...

"OK, Michael, time to go to sleep. I need to go clean and then I'll come back and lay with you.
"But you can clean tomorrow."
"I also have to pack for our trip."
"But you can pack tomorrow."
"I need to do the laundry."
"But you can do laundry tomorrow."
"You know, Michael, you're right...."

We kept talking, but since Michael is the "man of the house" while Dave is gone I made him help me close up the house before we went to bed together. So we closed windows and curtains, locked doors, picked things up, and went to bed. Michael and I fell asleep talking and cuddling. It was nice...and he was right. I can do all those things tomorrow. Sometimes it's worth it to live in the present and snuggle with my big boy.

And now it's today and I've got work to do!

No comments: