Friday, January 28, 2011

the present

I have been following this blog for a while now. Shawni's posts are always fun, full of great photos and inspirational, but yesterday's post really struck a chord with me. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to spend more one-on-one time with my kids, especially with Michael. He has stretched me so thin in the patience department that I often find myself more frustrated with him than I am happy to be around him.

Did I just admit that?

Crap...now everyone knows I'm not the Mother I'd always hoped I'd be. I struggle with day-to-day tasks and the continuous balancing act that comes with motherhood (and life in general). My Michael is a stubborn, independent, strong-willed three year old. Part of me loves that he is such a challenge, because his distinct traits will serve him well later in life...but sometimes I just wish he made things a bit easier for me. Sometimes:) Regardless, I'm going to enjoy the present!

So click on one of the links and see for yourself what a wonderful blog 71 Toes really is!

No comments: